Thursday, February 5, 2009

A day...


I am behind on blogging. It happens. I have been so busy. Well, frankly I seem to always be busy:) Although I am co-teaching a ladies class on Wednesday night at church and I seem to spend my extra minutes with my face in a book or studying. I really should do that ALL the time, but then I would have no blog. So I need to squeeze in moderation.

This morning I was up at little before 5am. I switched laundry over and put some away. I made sure everyone had clean everything and then got out a poster board, waking Mary right before 6am. I got her working on coloring her water cycle and was out the door. I jumped in the very cold white van to find it dead. I went back in the house aggravated that in all the time I was up I had not tried to start the van before leaving. I got in the green van to go only to realize I needed gas(I could not have made it all the way to Memphis). I was away late. I did make it to my appointment 3 minutes early:) My appointment was a family session with Zack, seen above. SO SO SO sad this situation! He has so many losses and not enough gains. I usually do a face session and then a phone session, this week we turned around and did another face session (two in a row) as we felt Zack needed it. We talked about the future and while it is still very uncertain it was good for Zack.

I did run in Barnes and Noble and managed to grab a book. It caught my attention with it's snappy title "Have a New Kid by Friday. How to Change your child Attitude, Behavior and Character in 5 days". I might be sharing some with you when I get it finished.. I HOPE I am ...hopes its that good. But, even my Pollyanna heart knows if it sounds too good to be true?? Ya know the rest!! We'll see:)


The picture above is a terrible one of Caleb(I am sure he will be so happy with me) but it is to show my fuzzy headed big guy:) He will not remain this way for too very long. He spent the last two days signing papers, taking the ASVAB and going through the physical requirements. He is now officially signed with the ARMY. People always say "I know you're so upset." I wonder how they know that since I know I am NOT upset. I, and Scott, are very proud of Caleb and his decision! He is making some very sound choices that will impact his future, we feel, very positively.

Caleb (left) and Doug(right) are both Seniors(as seen below). They also were both named Class Favorites...Caleb was voted "Friendliest" and Doug was voted "Most Courteous". I am so proud of them. What great honors! I know it's neat to be craziest and some silly favorites, but as a mom? I am so tickled that my guys have these honors:)



Also below is a picture of Doug and Seth. Doug wanted to ask a special girl to prom. She loves sweet tarts and he really worked hard trying to figure out a special way t ask her. So, he bought roses, and filled the vase with sweet tarts instead of water and wrote this fun note to her:

Roses are Red,
Sweet tarts are great,
I'd be happy,
If you'd be my date?


Doug then enlisted Seth to be his delivery boy. Seth was sporting a handmade shirt (by brother Doug) that said, "Doug Sams Spokesperson". LOL It was sweet and she did say yes:)

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hilarious and very creative!! I'm so glad she said YES!!!

Unknown said...

What a great idea on the prom date :) AWESOME!