I find myself days and days from my last blog. Oh well. We've been playing. the kids have been out of school since lunch on Thursday. Carlton came home to visit this weekend. Valentines came and went (with lots of chocolate gracy biscuits and strawberries!). We went to the movies, the kids bought whatever they wanted for snack at the movie (something we never ever do...but now we have) with the money Grannie and Pa senit in thier Valentines. John works aat the theater and was blessed to get to wait on his brothers and sisters as they stood (seemingly forever) choosing. When John was home later he lameted over the length of time it took them (which was not really that long!). I smiled and apoligized, "I am sure all the other children always know what they want when they get to the counter." He frowned and quickly replied "No they don't". Like mom was crazy;) I smiled, "well, I guess the kids were pretty normal then?"
We have loved the weather, spending many many hours outside playing baseball and football and basketball. Not to mention digging holes and building playhouses, rideing bikes, skateboards, ripsticks and plain old running:) My floors bear the results of mud, dirt and sports drinks. I suppose I will get around to the diaster aid tomorrow.
I have to be in Memphis by 7;45 to visit with Zack. Calrton is going with me as we will head back to the ranch after Zack's visit. It promises to be a long day. Hopefully I will be able to make that trek and be home in time to pick up the kids from school.
Thursday we have our court date regarding Zack. We sat down last night with our Elders after church and talked about Zack and said prayers. We are so very saddened by the path we seemed to be forced onto. It isn't any one persons fault...unless you would like to back up 13.5 years and place full blame on a birth mom who made tragice mistakes, ones that profoundly impacted the life she carried within her. So very sad!! Please pray with us that Zack is safe, our family safe and all those who come into contact with Zack. This has come down to a simple (if it's simple) issue of safety. Zack being the greatest danger to himself as he could destroy his future so quickly!
This weekend Sutart is having the his clubs retreat at our house. I have no idea how many guys...20...30...
tonight my wonderful friends brought us an incredible dinner!! Pizza casserole, corn, garden fresh green beans, bread, cantelope, fruit salad, straweberry cake and brownies!! Needless to say...but i will anyway....we are stuffed:) Happily wonderfully stuffed!!





3 comments:
What a blessing good friends can be!!
Prayers are being sent your way for Zack. The sad part to me is that your whole family has had to work so hard on this child and sacrifice so much, only to find that no matter what you ever did or didn't do, his future is going to be bleak. People keep telling me that some kids will turn around in their mid to late 20's and be okay - I don't know if I really believe that happens all that much. The way I look at it, if certain kids are always gong to need an external brain because of FASD or other organic brain damage caused by a birth parents choices, and then the same child refuses to listen to that external brain because, "no one is going to tell me what to do" then where is the hope for a bright future? You have to keep everyone safe. I always said that I wouldn't adopt a child that would victimize the kids already in my home and cause me to have a half dozen kids in counseling because of one's behavior. Well, they grew up and I have exactly that. My son gives people headaches, stomach aches, makes them feel unsafe in their own homes, makes them leery to trust, purposely says and does things to embarrass them at school, and that is WRONG. He says he doesn't care how he makes anyone else feel and I completely believe that. He is determined to hurt everyone until he gets what he thinks he wants - a new family. I wish there was a program for this specific type of behavior where I could send him to this new family and they could make him work on a farm or doing some other type of manual labor, give him the basics (no abuse, just logical consequences for behavior) and let him see just how good he has it. Worst case scenario would be that he liked it that way and I would know he was happy and safe. Best case scenario, he would see the error of his thinking and appreciate his family. Maybe I should start a place like that - I have a feeling I'd be regulated to death though (lol). I just think these kids take everything for granted and for kids with attachment issues relating to their FASD? Well, we are all just interchangeable to them. My house is just as good as the psychiatric unit or RTC or juvie, or where ever, but he can get away with more at those places because they don't know his tricks yet.
Keep us posted on Zack - I'll keep you and yours in my prayers. It's going to take awhile to recover from this life we've chosen here.
You have earned a Barnabas Award at my blog http://hopewellmomschoolreborn.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-award.html
Thanks for being such an encourager!
You are right...friends are such great blessings!
Thank you for the Barnabas Award!! I have long thought that blogging offered insight and perspective we moms so desperately need!! I sure love reading others blogs!
Blessings:)
Post a Comment