Don't you love it when you find a blessing that you didn't expect? I sure do. it happened to me yesterday. I was sitting in church Sunday morning, very happy to be there, when I opened the Bible that was tucked in my church bag.... I realized I didn't know whose it was, usually I can spot each child's Bible , but this was unknown to me. I opened it to the "To: From: On:" page expecting to find it not belonging to a Smotherman....But read: "To: Carlton From: Doug". It is really rare to find a Bible at my house that is not mom and dad, unless it is a First grade or Graduate Bible the church family gives to our children. Curious I flipped back to the inside cover and that is where I found this blessing. A blessing in the form of a note to a brother. I was so very impressed and so very proud....this is what it said:
Hey man, You have been doin good this year and I can see you growing in Christ day by day. Use this Bible for Gods will.
Love always,
Doug Sams
I never knew. An act without praise or glory. Something freely given...love and respect! Even a greater blessing! Obviously it doesn't mean quiet as much to Carlton, he didn't take it with him. But to me? Priceless!! A blessing.
The picture above is of Doug on his way out the door to the Sub Deb Valentine Dance Saturday night.. He went with my sweet friend Leslie's daughter and she took the real pictures for me...when I get them I will have to post one:)





No comments:
Post a Comment