Saturday, February 28, 2009

The gift of life.



I stumbled upon this today. I have always been (most people who read my blog are likely tired of hearing) a HUGE believer in perspective. Mostly, I love people who have it. I love seeing those who persevere, who love the Lord and do BOTH in the midst of worldly trials. The video above is likely one of the sweetest tributes I have seen. What a blessing a newborn baby is to this world. What a blessing parents are to a child. How great God's love is for his children. How sweet heaven will be!!

2 comments:

GA FOSTER MOM said...

Thanks for sharing this video. I am a foster mom and today was a week since my 'precious' foster son went to be with Jesus. I have dreamed of adopting since I was 12 years old and the Lord has not seen fit for this to happen. We have parented many infants over the last 17 years that are awaiting a Christian adopted home.
In the past year I have had 2 infants with Rare diseases. The most recent infant was with us 3 weeks and so reminds me of this sweet boy Eliot. Our Quincey was such a joy to have for the 3 weeks. We cherished his moments and rejoice when he lived another day. Because he was showing us and others that OUR GOD was in Control. We were able to Love Quincey and share him with many family and friends as well as his Birth Family too. They are precious people that were just hit with many obstacles in just a matter of weeks. We count it a blessing that we were able to care for their son/grandson as well as share precious visits with this new life in our home. God was faithful and merciful and we didn't have to see Quincey suffer much, and the Birthfamily can savor the sweet memories of their precious little one. Quincey like Eliot was to never have survived birth. God had different plans. We were able to chuckle a little when the Hospice nurse would report how Quincey was doing because we knew as soon as he hear her comments that 'he would play a trick on her', and do the opposite. He looked like he was leaving us many times and waited to slip away while we were all sleeping. God Truly knows best. Thanks for letting me share about another child of God's. Our baby and God taught us and many others so much about life and love in 3 short weeks. I am still amazed at how
3 lbs. can fight so hard to live when they are so brand new. Amazed also that something so perfect looking can be so fragile inside. I am sure that there are many others that show how GREAT OUR GOD IS!!!!!! Jan

Amanda said...

Jan, Thank YOU for sharing! What I loved so much about the video was the love, faith and devotion of Eliots family....YOU have that too! It is a GOD thing!

Blessings,
Amanda